twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2026. .

Baku hosts opening ceremony of 13th UN World Urban Forum: LIVE

WORLD
A+
A-

Lebanon files UN complaint over deadly Israeli strikes

15 April 2026 18:00

Lebanon’s Foreign Ministry has submitted an official complaint to the United Nations Security Council, accusing Israel of carrying out a large-scale wave of airstrikes last week that killed more than 300 people and wounded around 1,150. 

In a letter submitted on April 15, the ministry said that the Israeli forces struck roughly 100 targets within less than 10 minutes, hitting areas across Beirut, the Bekaa Valley, and southern Lebanon during rush hour without prior warning. It described the assault as one of the deadliest single-day bombing campaigns in the country’s history and said most of the victims were civilians, Caliber.Az reports via foreign media.

Israel said its operations targeted militants and infrastructure linked to Hezbollah, though it has provided limited public detail on the specific sites hit.

The Lebanese Foreign Ministry also condemned strikes on medical facilities, alleging repeated violations of international law. It said Israeli attacks have damaged or targeted hospitals 17 times and emergency response teams 101 times amid the ongoing conflict with Hezbollah.

By Sabina Mammadli

Caliber.Az
Views: 203

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
WORLD
The most important world news
loading