Russian expert: Peace treaty will be signed despite Armenians' resistance
Conversation with Stanislav Tarasov
INTERVIEWS 08 December 2022 - 17:06
Caliber.Az presents an interview with Stanislav Tarasov, a Russian political analyst, and expert on the Middle East and the Caucasus issues.
- Stanislav Nikolaevich, why do the soldiers of the Russian peacekeeping contingent deployed temporarily in Karabakh hinder the activities of Azerbaijani specialists and media representatives in the territory of Azerbaijan?
- I believe this is a technical issue. I think that Russian peacekeepers may or may not let Azerbaijani and Armenian citizens into Karabakh based on different factors that only they know. Therefore I would not draw any serious conclusions from this fact alone.
- In this case please explain how the Iranian saboteurs get to the territory of the Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. Maybe the problem is that the Russian peacekeeping contingent does not cope with its duties?
- We have no official confirmation of this fact from the Russian peacekeepers. It is quite possible that these just fake.
- Do you also consider the threats of Armenian terrorists to Russian General Volkov a fake?
- I think it is a fake. Therefore, I will not comment on it.
- Will the Russian side respond to the French Foreign Ministry's proposal to extend the EU observer mission to Armenia?
- If the Armenian side agrees to prolong the EU mission in its territory, then that is only Armenia's problem. This question should be addressed to the Armenian side, which is trying to play on three platforms simultaneously - Brussels, Moscow, and Paris. I think that Yerevan will not benefit from this multi-movement game.
- So you find Armenia's policy to be losing? If this is the case, could you explain what you meant when you said in an interview with the Armenian media that Azerbaijan is losing big diplomacy? That is how you put it...
- What I meant was that Armenians are succeeding to drag out the negotiation process. As a consequence, Baku does not have time to convert its military victory into a peace treaty. This is a tactical victory for the Armenian side.
- By delaying negotiations with Azerbaijan, Armenia is harming itself first and foremost, and you certainly understand that. Moreover, you have just confirmed this fact by pointing out Yerevan's multimove game. Tell me, whose instructions is Armenia following: Moscow, Paris, or Brussels?
- Russia urges adherence to trilateral statements, while Armenia decides for itself what to do. Whether we like it or not is another matter. Baku does not like it. Moscow is observing neutrally for now.
- Do you think that Moscow's neutral position will delay the conclusion of a peace agreement between Baku and Yerevan?
- This is a very interesting question. So far, it is obvious that Armenians are resisting this. Nevertheless, sooner or later a peace agreement will be signed. But when exactly is hard to say.
- What is your forecast concerning the withdrawal of Russian peacekeepers from Karabakh in 2025?
- No one knows exactly what can happen by the end of this year. And the year 2025 is still a long way off. I think it's premature to forecast this issue.
“Israel supports Azerbaijan and has already taken Iran down the peg" Alexander Shapiro Suliman's standpoint
"It's time to discuss Kazakhstan's withdrawal from the EAEU" Caliber.Az interview with Sharip Ishmuhamedov
Who is harassing the "long-suffering nation" in Jerusalem? Israeli experts on Armenian provocations
"Azerbaijan as Israel's close partner should be aware of its plans regarding Iran" Caliber.Az interview with Yigal Levin
Ankara pursues its own policy, independent of Washington, Brussels - Russian expert Ivan Andrianov on Caliber.Az
"Terrorist attack on embassy in Tehran - unprecedented case in the history of Azerbaijani diplomacy" Prof. Namiq Aliyev talks to Caliber.Az
Azerbaijani, Israeli defence ministers hold phone talk
01 February 2023 - 11:30
How does the Iran-Armenia partnership undermine the EU's values? Tehran’s growing paranoia toward Azerbaijan
01 February 2023 - 17:05
Yerevan daily about price list of Russian peacekeepers One truck – $1,000
02 February 2023 - 10:33
Brothers in misfortune Ukraine following Azerbaijan's path
02 February 2023 - 13:15
Azerbaijani-Israeli military cooperation: away from prying eyes Expert Yury Bocharov talks to Caliber.Az
02 February 2023 - 13:55
Hong Kong set to give away 500,000 free airline tickets to lure back tourists
04 February 2023 - 22:00
UK preparing to proscribe Wagner Group as terrorist organisation
04 February 2023 - 20:59
Iranian director Jafar Panahi released from jail after going on hunger strike
04 February 2023 - 20:03
US, allies denounce Iran’s ‘inadequate’ response to IAEA report
04 February 2023 - 19:02
UK’s ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Ateshgah Temple
04 February 2023 - 17:58
Azerbaijan, Montenegro sign agreement on air communication
04 February 2023 - 17:42
International travelers from 12 countries leave for Fuzuli
04 February 2023 - 17:29
Ukraine, Russia swap prisoners; bodies of British volunteers returned
04 February 2023 - 17:15
UK’s traveler: Khankendi-Lachin road - open for movement
04 February 2023 - 17:03
US former treasury secretary sees risk of ‘sudden stop’ in economy after jobs surge
04 February 2023 - 16:53
Traveler from Wales presents gifts to children of families living in ShushaPHOTO
04 February 2023 - 16:40
Reuters: Indian refiners pay traders in dirhams for Russian oil
04 February 2023 - 16:28
“Israel supports Azerbaijan and has already taken Iran down the peg"Alexander Shapiro Suliman's standpoint
04 February 2023 - 16:13
Intergovernmental agreement between Azerbaijan, Türkiye and Turkmenistan approved
04 February 2023 - 16:00
Trafigura: ‘Shadow Fleet’ of tankers hauling Russian oil swells to 600 ships
04 February 2023 - 15:46
International travelers enjoy Jidir plain view in Shusha
04 February 2023 - 15:32
Cristiano Ronaldo scores his first goal for new club Al Nassr
04 February 2023 - 15:20
Minister: Azerbaijan exports 600 million cubic metres of gas to Bulgaria in 2022
04 February 2023 - 15:07
Turkish Airlines cancels 238 flights due to weather conditions
04 February 2023 - 14:55
Portugal refuses to send German-made Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine
04 February 2023 - 14:43
American volunteer aid worker killed in Bakhmut while helping Ukrainian civilians
04 February 2023 - 14:33
Expert: Attack on Azerbaijan’s embassy in Iran should serve as wakeup call
04 February 2023 - 14:23
Ex-justice minister Zeynalyan may become Armenia's ombudsman
04 February 2023 - 14:10
Training course graduates get certificates in AzerbaijanPHOTO/VIDEO
04 February 2023 - 13:57
International travelers from 12 countries arrive at rally site on Khankandi-Lachin road
04 February 2023 - 13:42
Ukraine to extend martial law, mobilisation for 90 days
04 February 2023 - 13:30
Türkiye to launch GOKDOGAN, BOZDOGAN missiles from onshore, offshore platformsPHOTO
04 February 2023 - 13:24
Türkiye, Indonesia sign military cooperation agreement in Ankara
04 February 2023 - 13:17
Azerbaijan's ambassador to Mexico exposes Armenian lies
04 February 2023 - 13:03
Ukraine announces early arrival of Leopard, Challenger and Abrams tanksDefence minister's statement
04 February 2023 - 12:50
Suspected supporter of PKK terrorist group detained in Sweden
04 February 2023 - 12:38
Gibraltar accuses Spain of 'gross violation of sovereignty' over customs operation
04 February 2023 - 12:26
German traveler: Visit to liberated Azerbaijani lands - unique chance
04 February 2023 - 12:16
bp eyes to commission three more wells at Shah Deniz
04 February 2023 - 12:02
Ukraine claims Russian death toll rises to more than 130,000
04 February 2023 - 11:51
Azerbaijan performs practical exercises on fire trainingVIDEO
04 February 2023 - 11:39
Azerbaijani border guards thwart another drug smuggling from IranPHOTO
04 February 2023 - 11:29
ISW: Russia perpetuates war in Ukraine as direct threat to its security
04 February 2023 - 11:16
US, EU, G7 and Australia announce new price cap on Russian petroleum products
04 February 2023 - 11:02
Organisation of Turkic States condemns burning of Quran in Sweden, Denmark
04 February 2023 - 10:51
Top US diplomat slams 'unacceptable' China balloon
04 February 2023 - 10:42
International travelers from UK arrive in Karabakh
04 February 2023 - 10:32
France, Italy ready to deliver SAMP/T anti-missile system to Ukraine
04 February 2023 - 10:20
Organisation of Turkic States, International Crisis Group discuss global crisis issues
04 February 2023 - 10:11
Eco-activists still active on 55th day of rally on Khankendi-Lachin road
04 February 2023 - 09:54