twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2026. .
WORLD
A+
A-

Epstein estate finalises $35 million settlement over abuse claims

20 February 2026 09:44

The estate of Jeffrey Epstein and its two co-executors have agreed to pay up to $35 million to settle outstanding legal claims brought by women who say they were sexually abused or trafficked by the late financier.

The agreement, which requires approval from a federal judge in New York to take effect, aims to resolve all remaining claims from a class of women who allege they were abused by Epstein between 1995 and August 10, 2019, the date of his death in a Manhattan jail cell, Caliber.Az reports per foreign media.

The co-executors, Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn, agreed to the settlement in order to “finally, and forever resolve, discharge, and settle” the claims, according to court filings.

The lawsuit was initially filed in 2024 against Indyke and Kahn, who had long served as Epstein’s lawyer and accountant. Under the proposed arrangement, the estate will formally be added as a defendant.

The settlement provides for a $35 million payment if more than 40 women qualify as eligible claimants, or $25 million if the number falls below 40. Lawyers representing the class, from Boies Schiller Flexner LLP, said they have identified more than 40 women who have not previously signed releases with the estate.

The proposed agreement follows earlier payouts under the Epstein Victims Compensation Program, which distributed $121 million to 136 claimants, and a subsequent $48 million settlement covering 59 victims.

Indyke and Kahn have denied liability and are not accused of participating in or witnessing abuse. “Neither of the co-executors has made any admission or concession of misconduct,” Daniel Weiner, an attorney for the co-executors, said. “That is not surprising — not a single woman has ever accused either man of committing sexual abuse or witnessing sexual abuse, nor claimed at any time that she reported to them any allegation of Epstein’s abuse.”

Weiner said the estate is funding the entire settlement.

The agreement follows a confidential mediation in October and negotiations that led to an agreement in principle on December 28, according to a court filing by Sigrid McCawley, lead counsel for the victims.

“The proposed settlement releases any claims and potential claims against the estate and the co-executors, including any claims that have been or may be revived at a subsequent date,” the filing states.

By Aghakazim Guliyev

Caliber.Az
Views: 74

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
youtube
Follow us on Youtube
Follow us on Youtube
WORLD
The most important world news
loading