WORLD
A+
A-
Iran clearing mines from Strait of Hormuz, Trump claims
17 April 2026 20:58
US President Donald Trump has said that Iran is removing sea mines from the Strait of Hormuz, a development he suggested could help expand commercial shipping through the strategically vital waterway.
In a post on social media on April 17, Trump said Tehran “has removed, or is removing” all mines from the strait “with the help of the U.S.A.” He did not provide further details or evidence to support the claim, Bloomberg reports.
The New York Times reported last week, citing unnamed US officials, that Iran had been unable to locate all of the mines it had deployed in the area, raising concerns about ongoing maritime risks in the region.
By Sabina Mammadli
Caliber.Az
Views: 199







