twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
arm
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2025. .
WORLD
A+
A-

Reuters: Iran, Hamas agree on no military clashes with Israel

26 July 2023 12:34

The crisis sweeping Israel has become a focal point for its enemies across the Middle East who have convened top-level meetings to weigh the turmoil and how they might capitalise on it, sources familiar with the discussions say.

Foes including Lebanon's Iran-backed Hezbollah have been crowing at the sight of Israel fractured by the crisis ignited by government moves to overhaul the judiciary, especially threats by reservists to stop showing up for military service, Reuters reports.

Away from the propaganda being broadcast by groups eager to see Israel's demise, these factions have also been devoting special attention to the crisis at closed-door meetings, perceiving this as a potential turning point for Israel.

The subject was discussed at a three-hour meeting last week involving a senior commander from Iran's Quds Force, the arm of its Revolutionary Guards that funnels military support to Tehran's allies, two Iranian security officials and officials from Palestinian Islamist group Hamas, an Iranian diplomat said.

After concluding that the crisis had already weakened Israel, they agreed they should refrain from any "direct interference", believing this could give Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu the chance to shift blame to foreign adversaries.

HEZBOLLAH ON PATROL

Israel's parliament on July 24 ratified a first bill of the judicial overhaul, limiting the powers of the country's Supreme Court, prompting more protests by Israelis who see the moves as a menace to their democracy.

The divisions have seeped into the Israeli military, which has fought numerous conflicts with Lebanon's Hezbollah and the Palestinian factions Hamas and Islamic Jihad, both backed by Iran.

Israeli protest leaders have said thousands of volunteer reservists could abstain from duty if the government stays the course, and former senior military officials have warned that Israel's war readiness could be at risk.

Caliber.Az
Views: 116

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
ads
telegram
Follow us on Telegram
Follow us on Telegram
WORLD
The most important world news
loading