twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2026. .
WORLD
A+
A-

White House says "all options on the table" on Iran as tensions rise

16 February 2026 09:44

The White House said President Donald Trump is keeping “all options on the table” regarding Iran amid preparations for a potentially sustained U.S. military operation, Reuters reports.

Asked about the administration’s approach, White House spokesperson Anna Kelly said: "President Trump has all options on the table with regard to Iran."

"He listens to a variety of perspectives on any given issue, but makes the final decision based on what is best for our country and national security," Kelly said.

The United States Department of Defense declined to comment on the matter.

The United States deployed two aircraft carriers to the region last year when it carried out strikes against Iranian nuclear sites. Trump has repeatedly threatened military action over Iran’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs, as well as its crackdown on internal dissent. On February 12, he said the alternative to a diplomatic solution would "be very traumatic, very traumatic."

Iran’s powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has warned that any attack on Iranian territory could prompt retaliation against U.S. military bases in the region.

On February 14, Iranian exiled prince Reza Pahlavi said U.S. military intervention could save lives and urged Washington not to prolong negotiations with Tehran over its nuclear program. The exiled son of Iran’s former shah told Reuters there were signs the government was nearing collapse and that a strike could weaken or hasten its fall.

By Sabina Mammadli

Caliber.Az
Views: 90

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
youtube
Follow us on Youtube
Follow us on Youtube
WORLD
The most important world news
loading