WORLD
A+
A-
France says no evidence yet of mines in Strait of Hormuz
20 May 2026 14:15
France has said it has no confirmation that mines have been laid in the Strait of Hormuz, following media reports in the United States suggesting that at least 10 mines had been detected in the area.
French Defence Minister Catherine Vautrin made the remarks on May 20, stressing that there was currently no verified evidence of mining activity, France 24 reports.
“At this moment, I have no certainty on the subject, but in any case we are preparing for the necessity to potentially remove mines,” Vautrin said.
She added that demining vessels were being deployed to the region as part of a potential future Franco-British-led mission. France also has a mine countermeasure vessel stationed at its base in Djibouti, she said.
By Vafa Guliyeva
Caliber.Az
Views: 64







