twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2026. .
WORLD
A+
A-

Pakistan says nine-plus militants killed in Balochistan operations

18 August 2026 13:15

Security forces have killed more than nine militants in intelligence-based operations in Pakistan’s Balochistan province, according to state media.

The operations were carried out in Ziarat, Harnai and Surab under Operation Rad-ul-Fitna 3, Pakistan TV reported. Weapons and ammunition were recovered from those killed, it said.

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi praised the security forces following the operations, according to a statement issued by his ministry.

“The interior minister commended the professional capabilities of the security forces for sending more than nine terrorists of Fitna-al-Hindustan to hell,” the statement said.

It quoted Mr Naqvi as saying that operations against Fitna-al-Hindustan and Fitna-al-Khawarij were continuing with full force.

The Pakistani authorities use Fitna-al-Khawarij to refer to the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), while Fitna-al-Hindustan is used by the state for Balochistan-based militant groups.

The latest operations follow a series of security actions across Balochistan.

On August 17, two militants were killed and three injured in an intelligence-based operation in the Killi Zaik area. A day earlier, security forces said they had killed seven militants in an operation in Kharan’s Lajay area.

On August 15, 10 militants were killed and several others injured in an operation in the Shor Pard area of Khuzdar district.

Earlier, the military said at least 18 militants had been killed in Balochistan’s Surab district, including eight who died in a premature explosion.

Balochistan has experienced a significant deterioration in security in recent months. A monthly assessment by the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies said the number of deaths in the province rose from 109 in June to 372 in July, an increase of 241%.

The report said deaths among security personnel increased from six to 62, while reported militant deaths rose from 75 to 238. Civilian deaths increased from 28 to 54.

By Aghakazim Guliyev

Caliber.Az
Views: 94

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
WORLD
The most important world news
loading