twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
arm
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2025. .
WORLD
A+
A-

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy orders polygraph testing of officials amid leak of US proposal

05 April 2025 15:34

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has ordered Ukraine’s domestic security agency to launch an investigation into the leak of a recent US proposal concerning potential profits from Ukrainian assets, according to government officials.

The probe reportedly includes the use of polygraph tests on Ukrainian government personnel, Caliber.Az reports citing foreign media.

The inquiry comes amid rising tensions between Kyiv and the Trump administration over the terms of a proposed agreement involving critical minerals and energy infrastructure. Ukrainian officials said they were blindsided by the breadth of the latest US demands, and believe key elements of Washington’s proposal are politically unfeasible.

President Donald Trump escalated the situation this week, accusing Zelenskyy of “trying to back out” of the deal, warning that the Ukrainian leader would face “big problems” if he failed to sign the agreement soon.

Officials in Kyiv confirmed that lie detector tests had been administered to staff in several ministries but declined to disclose further details or the number of individuals questioned.

The investigation was triggered by the publication of details from the draft proposal on March 26 by opposition MP Yaroslav Zheleznyak, who claimed he had obtained a copy. The Financial Times also obtained and published the contents the following day.

At a press briefing on March 28, Zelenskyy told the Financial Times he found the leak of the US document “strange.” “I wonder who is transmitting this information,” he said.

The latest US proposal marks a significant departure from the original framework agreement that had been reached with Kyiv in February. That deal was ultimately scrapped following a sharp fallout between Zelenskyy and President Trump, along with Vice President JD Vance, during meetings at the White House.

Trump’s Treasury Secretary, Scott Bessent, has insisted that formal security guarantees are unnecessary, arguing that US investment in Ukraine’s critical minerals sector would alone serve as a deterrent to further Russian aggression—a view not widely accepted within Kyiv.

By Nazrin Sadigova

Caliber.Az
Views: 319

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
ads
youtube
Follow us on Youtube
Follow us on Youtube
WORLD
The most important world news
loading