Iraqi security forces dismantle ISIS cell in Anbar province
Iraqi security forces have dismantled a highly dangerous terrorist cell that was allegedly planning to destabilise cities in Anbar province, according to a security source speaking on February 20.
The source told Al-Ma'alamah News Agency that the operation followed precise intelligence indicating that a three-member cell linked to the remnants of the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) was preparing to carry out attacks against security forces and civilians.
The suspects were reportedly operating in al-Karma district, east of the city of Fallujah, as well as in other parts of Anbar province.
According to the source, security forces conducted a large-scale raid and search operation that resulted in the arrest of the three suspects without significant resistance.
All detainees were reportedly subject to arrest warrants issued under Article 4 of Iraq’s counterterrorism law by a competent court.
The source added that members of the cell had been moving between northern provinces and Anbar using forged identification documents and modern four-wheel-drive vehicles.
The operation was said to have thwarted their planned attacks and contributed to maintaining security and stability across the province’s cities.
By Sabina Mammadli







