Iran denies launching missiles at UAE as Gulf tensions rise
Iran has denied launching missiles toward the United Arab Emirates, rejecting accusations from Abu Dhabi a day after the UAE said two missiles had been fired from Iranian territory.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said the allegations were unfounded and warned that such claims risked further undermining efforts to ease tensions in the Gulf.
Baghaei described the accusations as “contrary to the principle of good-neighbourliness and undermining efforts to build trust among the countries of the region and prevent an escalation of instability in the Persian Gulf.” He called on all sides to refrain from making “unfounded accusations” against Iran.
The dispute followed an announcement by the UAE Ministry of Defence on Tuesday, August 18, that two missiles had been launched from Iranian territory toward the UAE.
According to the ministry, one of the missiles fell outside the country’s territorial waters, while the second landed within UAE territorial waters.
Following the incident, the UAE suspended trade and all financial transactions with Iran.
By Tamilla Hasanova







