twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2026. .
REGION
A+
A-

Ukrainian forces strike Russian regions of Chuvashia, Belgorod PHOTO / VIDEO

18 February 2026 09:01

Russian authorities and local residents have reported overnight and early-morning attacks allegedly carried out by the Ukrainian Armed Forces targeting the Russian regions of Chuvashia and Belgorod, according to officials and eyewitness accounts.

The head of Chuvashia, Oleg Nikolayev, said that drones targeted the Novoyuzhny district of Cheboksary for a second time on the morning of February 18, Caliber.Az reports, citing Russian media.

Emergency services were deployed to the scene, and the situation was described as being under control.

Nikolayev later stated that drone activity had also been recorded in the Cheboksary municipal district, including the settlement of Yaushi. According to preliminary information, no casualties or major structural damage were reported, although several vehicles were damaged.

Residents of Cheboksary reported hearing multiple explosions in the sky, with air defence systems allegedly intercepting several aerial targets. Eyewitnesses cited by Russian outlet SHOT said a powerful blast was heard at around 05:10 local time, followed by additional explosions across the southern and north-western outskirts of the city. Some residents also reported thick grey smoke rising from one area. Temporary flight restrictions were introduced at Cheboksary Airport, suspending arrivals and departures.

Separately, Belgorod was reportedly struck twice within two hours by rockets believed to have been launched using HIMARS systems, according to local residents. The first wave of explosions was heard around 23:00 local time, with more than ten loud blasts reported. Preliminary information suggested that air defence systems intercepted the incoming targets before they reached the city.

A second strike reportedly occurred shortly after midnight. Witnesses described a bright flash and smoke in one district, while debris from an intercepted missile allegedly fell onto the roof of a residential building, triggering a fire.

Local authorities later confirmed that a blaze broke out on the roof of an apartment block in the Kharkov Hill area but was quickly extinguished by firefighters. Energy infrastructure facilities were also reported damaged, although the full extent remains under assessment.

Air raid sirens have periodically sounded across Belgorod, with authorities urging residents to remain in shelters and avoid windows. No official casualty figures related to the latest strikes had been released at the time of reporting.

By Aghakazim Guliyev

Caliber.Az
Views: 87

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
youtube
Follow us on Youtube
Follow us on Youtube
REGION
The most important news of Armenia, Georgia, Turkey and Iran
loading