Israel says it killed Hamas military wing commander in Gaza
The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said it killed a platoon commander in the military wing of Hamas in the Nuseirat area of the Gaza Strip, accusing him of participating in the capture and detention of Israeli hostages.
“The Israel Defence Forces struck in the Nuseirat area and eliminated Sabah Sami Mahmoud Shahata, a platoon commander in Hamas’s military wing who participated in holding numerous hostages captive by Hamas,” the military said in a statement.

According to the IDF, Shahata had recently “attempted to carry out attacks against IDF troops and Israeli civilians,” and was “eliminated to remove the threat.”
The military said Shahata “infiltrated Israeli territory and participated in the massacre of October 7” in 2023. It also accused him of “participating in the detention of numerous hostages held captive by Hamas during the war.”
“In November 2023, as part of a hostage-release agreement, he participated in the ‘ceremonies’ for the transfer of the abductees to the Red Cross,” the IDF added.
The military said measures had been taken before the strike “to minimise harm to the civilian population.”
By Tamilla Hasanova







