Spokesperson: Gaza conflict talks set to enter key second phase on February 3
The second phase of talks between the parties involved in the Gaza conflict will take place on February 3, said official spokesperson for the Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Majed bin Mohammed al-Ansari.
"The second phase of negotiations will begin on the 16th day of the ceasefire agreement's implementation," he said at a press conference, Caliber.Az reports per foreign media.
He also noted that no significant violations of the ceasefire deal had been recorded. According to Mohammed al-Ansari, the mediators are closely monitoring the parties' adherence to the terms of the truce.
To recap, after 15 months of conflict, a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas has allowed hundreds of thousands of displaced Palestinians to return to northern Gaza. Early on January 27, people began making their way north through the Netzarim Corridor, carrying their belongings.
Israel's military announced that Palestinians would be allowed to travel by foot along al-Rashid Street from 7am and by vehicle along Salah al-Din Street from 9am.
This marks a significant moment for the returnees, who expressed a mixture of excitement and relief. One Palestinian described the return as a "victorious day," akin to the announcement of the ceasefire.
Many are eager to rebuild their homes, starting from clearing debris and rebuilding from scratch. For these displaced individuals, the return to northern Gaza symbolizes both personal and collective triumph after months of hardship.
By Aghakazim Guliyev