IDF says 100 arrested in West Bank counter-terrorism raids
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said on February 20 that it had arrested approximately 100 wanted individuals during counter-terrorism operations carried out over the past week in the West Bank, which Israel refers to as Judea and Samaria.
According to a statement from the Israeli military’s press service, the operations took place across multiple areas and also included the demolition of two homes belonging to Palestinians accused of involvement in attacks that killed three Israelis: Aaron Cohen, Captain Alon Skagio and Yonatan Deutsch, Caliber.Az reports.
The IDF said that among those detained were individuals allegedly linked to the militant group Hamas, suspected arms dealers accused of supporting terrorist activities, and activists associated with the Islamic Charitable Association.
During the raids, Israeli forces reportedly seized M16 rifles, handguns, ammunition, equipment used for manufacturing explosives, and tens of thousands of shekels that the military said were intended to finance militant activities.
The army added that all detainees and confiscated weapons had been transferred to Israel’s internal security agency, Shin Bet, for further investigation.
By Sabina Mammadli







