Kyiv air raid alert forces cancellation of Verkhovna Rada session
A session of Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada was canceled on August 20 amid an air raid alert in Kyiv, Ukrainian MP Yaroslav Zheleznyak said.
“That’s it. The reckless voting sessions are over for this month,” Zheleznyak wrote on Telegram.
The cancellation came after overnight strikes and explosions were reported across Kyiv and the surrounding region.
Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko said parts of the Sviatoshynskyi and Solomianskyi districts were left without electricity following the overnight incidents.
The SHOT Telegram channel later reported that Russian forces had launched a series of strikes against Kyiv and the Kyiv region, claiming that around 30 missiles may have been involved.
More than 15 explosions were reportedly heard in several parts of the capital, including the Solomianskyi, Darnytskyi and Sviatoshynskyi districts. The channel claimed that weapons storage facilities and energy infrastructure had been targeted.
Large fires were also reported in the cities of Brovary and Boryspil, while power disruptions were said to have occurred in the affected areas.
By Vafa Guliyeva







