UN: Drone strike on Sudan displacement camp kills at least 15 children
A drone strike on a displacement camp in Sudan’s West Kordofan state killed at least 15 children and injured 10 others earlier this week, according to the United Nations.
In a statement released late on February 18, the UN children’s agency reported that the attack took place on February 16 in the Al Sunut area, underscoring the growing toll of violence on civilians amid Sudan’s ongoing conflict, Caliber.Az reports via foreign media.
"On Monday 16 February, at least 15 children were reportedly killed and 10 wounded after a drone strike on a displacement camp in Al Sunut, West Kordofan," the UN children's agency said in a statement.
The Kordofan region has emerged as one of the fiercest battlegrounds in Sudan’s war, with escalating clashes driving thousands from their homes and disrupting access to basic services. Aid agencies warn that children are bearing the brunt of the violence, facing death, injury, displacement and severe shortages of food, water and medical care.
Across the Kordofan region, currently the Sudan war's fiercest battlefield, "we are seeing the same disturbing patterns from Darfur -- children killed, injured, displaced and cut off from the services they need to survive," UNICEF's Executive Director Catherine Russell said.
By Sabina Mammadli







