Poland indicts man accused of espionage for Russian intelligence
Polish prosecutors have charged a 29-year-old man accused of conducting espionage activities on behalf of Russia, alleging that he gathered and transmitted sensitive information concerning key defence-related facilities, officials said.
The indictment against the suspect, identified as Wiktor Ź. under Polish privacy laws, has been submitted to the District Court in the north-central city of Bydgoszcz. The announcement was made by Jacek Dobrzyński, spokesman for the government minister coordinating Poland’s security services, Caliber.Az reports, citing Polish media.
Prosecutors allege that the accused “declared readiness to cooperate and acted on behalf of Russian intelligence.” According to Dobrzyński, “Wiktor Ź. collected and transmitted via online messengers information concerning, among other things, the operation of facilities of key importance to Poland’s defence,” warning that the disclosure of such information could have harmed national security.
The National Public Prosecutor’s Office stated that the investigation determined the suspect “gathered and passed information on the Bydgoszcz airport, Military Aviation Works, Nitro-Chem Chemical Plant, and the NATO Joint Force Training Centre.” The alleged activities are said to have taken place between February 28, 2024, and April 30, 2025.
Authorities confirmed that the suspect was detained by Poland’s Internal Security Agency (ABW) on June 4 last year and placed in pretrial detention, which remains in effect.
If convicted, Wiktor Ź. faces a minimum sentence of eight years in prison, with the possibility of life imprisonment.
By Vafa Guliyeva







