twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2026. .
REGION
A+
A-

Iran urges Iraqi Kurds to reject provocations after Erbil drone strikes

18 August 2026 10:33

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has urged Kurdish authorities in Iraq to remain vigilant against attempts to create divisions following drone strikes on the offices and residence of Kurdistan Regional Government officials in Erbil.

“Nothing justifies the reckless attack on PM Barzani’s office,” Araghchi said in a post on X, warning that the incident could be a “false-flag” operation aimed at creating tensions between neighbouring countries, Caliber.Az reports.

The remarks followed a phone call between Araghchi and Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein over the August 17 drone strikes targeting the offices of the Kurdistan Regional Government.

According to Iraq’s Foreign Ministry, Hussein sought clarification on Tehran’s position regarding the attack, warning that it could negatively affect Iraq’s security and regional stability.

Araghchi said he was surprised by the strikes and had no information indicating that they had been launched from Iranian territory. He also said such an attack was unjustifiable given the “positive and strong relations” between Iran and the Kurdistan Regional Government.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry separately condemned the incident.

The strikes reportedly targeted the office of Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani and the residence of the regional intelligence chief in Erbil. 

By Sabina Mammadli

Caliber.Az
Views: 68

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
REGION
The most important news of Armenia, Georgia, Turkey and Iran
loading