Iran’s foreign minister to hold talks with IAEA chief in Geneva
Iran’s Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi has said that he is going to meet with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Rafael Grossi for technical discussions ahead of a second round of nuclear talks with the United States scheduled for February 17 upon arrival to Geneva.
“Joined by nuclear experts, I will meet Rafael Grossi on Monday [February 16 - ed.] for deep technical discussion. Also meeting Badr Albusaidi ahead of diplomacy with U.S. on Tuesday [February 17 - ed.]," the foreign minister wrote on X, Caliber.Az reports.
Joined by nuclear experts, I will meet @rafaelmgrossi on Mon for deep technical discussion. Also meeting @badralbusaidi ahead of diplomacy with U.S. on Tues.
— Seyed Abbas Araghchi (@araghchi) February 16, 2026
I am in Geneva with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable deal.
What is not on the table: submission before threats
He noted that he is in Geneva "with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable deal."
"What is not on the table: submission before threats,” Araghchi said.
Earlier in February, the US and Iran held indirect talks in Oman. Iran’s UN ambassador, Kamal Kharrazi Takht-Ravanchi, described the initial discussions as “more or less in a positive direction” but cautioned that it was “too early to judge” the overall outcome.
By Sabina Mammadli







