Media: Turkish army launches largest air raid in Syria against PKK
The Turkish Air Force has conducted major air operations in northern Syria, targeting the facilities of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) banned in Türkiye and its Syrian wing, the People's Self-Defence Forces (SDF).
The Yeni Şafak newspaper noted that 30 warplanes were involved in the raid.
The operation was launched on October 5 evening and was carried out at a depth of 40-50 kilometres, striking militant bases, PKK-owned oil wells and fuel and lubricant depots in the districts of Tell Rifaat, Jizire and Derik, the newspaper said.
The Turkish Defence Ministry said earlier that 15 PKK facilities and a significant number of militants were destroyed during the operation.
Türkiye has been conducting air operations in northern Syria and Iraq since the PKK attempted a terrorist attack outside the Interior Ministry headquarters in Ankara on October 1. Turkish authorities say they are acting on the basis of the right to self-defence under Article 51 of the UN Charter.
Türkiye describes the PKK as a major threat to national security.







