twitter
youtube
instagram
facebook
telegram
apple store
play market
night_theme
ru
search
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?






Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Caliber.az
Caliber.az © 2026. .
REGION
A+
A-

Tehran mayor: Iran holds upper hand, any attack will be answered

21 May 2026 09:05

Tehran Mayor Alireza Zakani has dismissed the impact of a US-led maritime blockade against Iran, stating that such measures are ineffective and warning that any further military action would trigger a direct response.

Speaking to Iranian state television on Wednesday, May 20, Zakani downplayed the significance of maritime pressure efforts led by the United States.

“Maritime blockade means nothing. They exaggerate and do not dare attack,” he said.

Zakani argued that Washington and its allies had already exhausted their most forceful options, claiming that Iran had emerged in a position of strength. He cautioned that any escalation would be met with retaliation.

“They already carried out their maximum measures and saw that we have the upper hand. If they attack, they will get a response. The era of hit-and-run is over,” he added.

In his remarks, Zakani also firmly rejected the idea that the Strait of Hormuz could be included in any potential negotiations with the United States, framing it as a non-negotiable national right.

“The Strait of Hormuz is our right and we should not negotiate about it with the Americans at all,” he said.

By Tamilla Hasanova

Caliber.Az
Views: 112

share-lineLiked the story? Share it on social media!
print
copy link
Ссылка скопирована
telegram
Follow us on Telegram
Follow us on Telegram
REGION
The most important news of Armenia, Georgia, Turkey and Iran
loading